MCRS Pension Education Series: Understanding Your Public Pension and Social Security
Date : September 6, 2018
Time : 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Location : Ayer Town Hall, One Main Street, Ayer
For Members of the Middlesex County Retirement System Employed By:
- ASHBY, AYER, DUNSTABLE, GROTON, LITTLETON, PEPPERELL, SHIRLEY, and TOWNSEND
- AYER HOUSING AUTHORITY, PEPPERELL HOUSING AUTHORITY, GROTON HOUSING AUTHORITY, LITTLETON HOUSING AUTHORITY
- SHIRLEY WATER DISTRICT, WEST GROTON WATER DISTRICT
- NORTH MIDDLESEX REGIONAL SCHOOL DISTRICT (Non-Teachers)
- AYER-SHIRLEY REGIONAL SCHOOL DISTRICT (Non-Teachers)
- GROTON-DUNSTABLE REGIONAL SCHOOL DISTRICT (Non-Teachers)
The Middlesex County Retirement Board is pleased to present to members of the MCRS and their families our popular seminar on public employee retirement benefits and the basics of Social Security, including up to date information on how the “Windfall Elimination Provision” and “Government Pension Offset” impacts those benefits.
This session is vitally important for your financial planning, whether you are a new member, a vested mid-career member, or nearing retirement. Topics include the retirement benefit calculation formula, health insurance, taxes, working after retirement, cost-of-living adjustments and how your retirement benefits interact with Social Security. By attending this seminar you will learn more about one of your most valuable assets. We look forward to having you join us.